Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Committed

Good morning, world! Hello trees! Hello birds! Hello juniper bush! (If you get that, pass it on)


I was too bleary-eyed last night to file, although I did write several pages of notes that only I will need to decipher.


For a day when I really had nothing planned but travelling, a lot happened. In short:
  1. I saw the Prairie in all its glory
  2. I met a bunch of interesting bikers
  3. I picked up a hitchhiker with stories to tell
  4. I saw the camper-driving, Albertan, equivalent of the "Little Old Lady from Pasadena"
  5. I had an OK Chinese buffet supper with lots of people to watch

And all this while just heading toward the object of my quest. I feel a bit like Bilbo Baggins.

This morning I got an email about changes to the rest of the trip. My contacts, bless 'em, are hooking my up with excellent sources. I'll have to restrain and pace myself, but I'm embracing the itinerary changes. Oh, the places I'll see!

So, it's off to put the feedbag on Sleipnir, dig into my own life sustaining supplies, and head to Bottineau.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment